The wifey me missed the saturday bonding with my mushroom family (oh SQL training really means sacrifice and am glad tonight will be the last session - relief!!). I was thinking of cooking tinola for saturday's lunch so i grabbed the chance to cook it sunday lunch! :)
* 1 kilo whole chicken (cut into parts or choice cuts of breast, thighs of wings).
* 2 1/2 cups young papaya or sayote
* 1/2 cup dahon ng sili
* 5 cups water
* 2 tablespoons ginger (roughly chopped)
* 1/2 head garlic (minced)
* 1 medium onion (diced)
* 3 tablespoons oil
* 2 tablespoons patis
* pinch of salt and pepper
1. In a casserole, heat oil and saute' garlic, onion and ginger.
2. Add the chicken and water.
3. Bring to a boil and lower fire, let simmer until chicken is cooked.
4. Pour in patis, salt and pepper to taste.
5. Add in papaya or sayote, allow to cook.
6. When ready to serve, put in dahon ng sili.
7. Serve hot.
I don't know if hubby is just making feel good everytime i served him the food i prepared sweat and all.. or he's making me believe that i am really the queen of the kitchen now, coz whatever i cooked for him, he keeps on praising me and telling me he is totally forgetting about his diet.. :)
I love hearing his praises and side comments on what seasoning to use and not to use (he hates magic real sarap seasoning, sorry claudine!). And prefers MSG! Oh well, atleast i know what to ignore in the kitchen.. heheh
Now am actually looking forward to cooking without peeking at my recipe notebook!! :) Ive been cooking from the heart.. and cooking from the mind is very very thing ive been dreaming. Best of luck on my memory, yeeebah!