Monday, March 30, 2009

Heavenly Chicken Tinola

The wifey me missed the saturday bonding with my mushroom family (oh SQL training really means sacrifice and am glad tonight will be the last session - relief!!). I was thinking of cooking tinola for saturday's lunch so i grabbed the chance to cook it sunday lunch! :)

Ingredients
* 1 kilo whole chicken (cut into parts or choice cuts of breast, thighs of wings).
* 2 1/2 cups young papaya or sayote
* 1/2 cup dahon ng sili
* 5 cups water
* 2 tablespoons ginger (roughly chopped)
* 1/2 head garlic (minced)
* 1 medium onion (diced)
* 3 tablespoons oil
* 2 tablespoons patis
* pinch of salt and pepper

Procedure
1. In a casserole, heat oil and saute' garlic, onion and ginger.
2. Add the chicken and water.
3. Bring to a boil and lower fire, let simmer until chicken is cooked.
4. Pour in patis, salt and pepper to taste.
5. Add in papaya or sayote, allow to cook.
6. When ready to serve, put in dahon ng sili.
7. Serve hot.

I don't know if hubby is just making feel good everytime i served him the food i prepared sweat and all.. or he's making me believe that i am really the queen of the kitchen now, coz whatever i cooked for him, he keeps on praising me and telling me he is totally forgetting about his diet.. :)

I love hearing his praises and side comments on what seasoning to use and not to use (he hates magic real sarap seasoning, sorry claudine!). And prefers MSG! Oh well, atleast i know what to ignore in the kitchen.. heheh

Now am actually looking forward to cooking without peeking at my recipe notebook!! :) Ive been cooking from the heart.. and cooking from the mind is very very thing ive been dreaming. Best of luck on my memory, yeeebah!

3 comments:

Babette said...

This is one of my favorite Filipino dishes, sarap ng sabaw. My family eats this too along with other Filipino foods.

Cecile said...

i think yobib meant it when he says he loves your cooking :-); i used to feel and think that way, too; but later on, i knew he was telling the truth, because if it isn't he would not say a thing :-)...but he'll eat it anyway.

Mommy Liz said...

Mare, parang nagiging recipe site na to ah, hahahaha! I love tinola lalo kung maraming ginger. Yum. pero, mas gusto ko ang sayote kesa sa papaya, saka gusto ko maraming dahon ng sili, isa pang yum...

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Recent Posts

Adgitize2

Recent Comments

  © Re-Design by Mom Conversations 2010

Back to TOP